Go Big (Or Small) With the GoPro Hero 4
Extreme Fun. Enhanced Versatility.
As any extreme sports enthusiast will tell you, the GoPro Hero 4 has completely surpassed the average digital video camera to become the most widely used personal motion capturing device this side of Mt. Everest. With a feature set that will keep even the most professional videographer engaged for days, the GoPro Hero 4 boasts twice the processing power and twice the frame rate that its predecessor lacked. And with 4K video output to match the popularity of ultra HD televisions, it's hard to imagine going on adventures without this powerhouse of a camera.
So what does that mean for the average person?
More than likely, you won't be breaking records and jumping from the edge of space anytime soon (if you haven't seen it, check out this YouTube video of Felix Baumgartner's record-breaking freefall - filmed at several different angles with a GoPro camera). Of course, you might not even be into anything "extreme" other than playing frisbee with your dog, and that's okay too. The neat little thing about the GoPro is that it's versatile enough to take video underwater as you're swimming side-by-side with the sharks dolphins (it comes with waterproof housing), or you can simply use it as a device to capture life's more simple moments.
How is all of this possible? GoPro's versatile mounts and diverse accessory suite…
What separates the GoPro Hero 4 from its predecessors and other cameras in similar categories is the fact that you can buy a myriad of affordable accessories and mounts to attach the camera to just about any surface, person, or animal...frisbee-catching dogs included. Don't take our word for it - we encourage you to search for "GoPro" in YouTube and see exactly what pops up in the "Suggested Search" menu. After you browse a few of the top videos, click around and browse related videos. You'll see just how creative the average person can be as you get a look at a six-year old's first time riding a bicycle without training wheels (from her perspective). Take to the skies and watch an eagle (with a GoPro attached) soar over a beautiful valley and get a true "birds-eye view" of the world around us. While you're at it, watch the video with a mountain biker pedaling as fast as possible to avoid being eaten by the bear giving chase directly behind him. Spoiler alert: He escapes...just barely.
No matter how you decide to use your GoPro, you'll be sure to find just the mount you're looking for. In fact, we'll make it easy and list some of the more unique ones here for you.
- The Handler (Floating Hand Grip) - This mount allows you to keep a steady hand for any water sports or underwater activities you participate in. It also floats and comes with a handy wrist strap, so you can be sure you never lose your GoPro Hero 4 in the depths of the ocean.
- Fetch™ (Dog Harness) - This one is for dog lovers all over the world! Now you can see what your furry friend sees by attaching this adjustable, comfortable harness to dogs of just about any size.
- Sportsman™ Mount - Specifically designed for guns, fishing rods and bows, this mount allows you to attach your GoPro Hero 4 and view the action from the "front". Mount two or more GoPros to get simultaneous front and back action shots while at the shooting range or reeling in a feisty catfish.
- Roll Bar Mount - If you're into mountain biking or if you own a motorcycle, this mount will be a perfect fit for your adventures. Attach it to the handlebars of your mountain bike or motorcycle and replay your personal journeys from the comfort (and safety) of your living room.
- Surfboard Mount - The title of this mount implies "surfboards-only", but you can also attach it to similar items such as kayaks, SUP's and boat decks. Maximize your fun in the sun and crash into the waves with this rugged and steady mount!
If you're going out on adventures regularly, you'll want to pick up some extra accessories. We chose a few of the more popular items that might come in handy.
- LCD Touch BacPac™ - The neat thing about the GoPro Hero 4 is that the lens is wide enough to capture just about any shot in front of you without the need for a viewscreen. However, for those of you who want to frame more professional shots, this particular accessory houses an LCD touch screen that attaches to the back of your GoPro, making it easy to navigate various menus and replay videos on-site.
- Battery BacPac™ - This one is self-explanatory. Who doesn't need extra battery power? There are many, many pros for owning a GoPro Hero 4. However, because of its high feature set, the GoPro Hero 4 will drain your battery in no time with extensive use. This particular accessory is a must-have if you're going to film for long periods away from an electrical outlet.
- Smart Remote - Although your GoPro Hero 4 comes with a wireless remote control, you may find yourself in need of something a little more "range" friendly. And that's where this accessory comes in handy. With a range of 600 ft. (180m), you'll be able to capture your adventures from any distance - and you'll enjoy a noticeable increase in the remote's battery life as well (a 40% increase over the stock version).
We barely scratched the surface on the sheer number of mounts and accessories you can buy for your GoPro Hero 4. From filters, to lens replacement kits and more, you'll always be able to find the perfect accessory for your perfect adventure!
Regardless of current or future competition, GoPro is here to stay. There will always be a passion for creative videography, and GoPro will continue to capitalize by making affordable, quality products that fit any budget or adventurous spirit. In fact, as of June of 2014, GoPro went public, with shares rising to just over 30% at the end of its first day of trading.
Investor confidence equals consumer satisfaction for the years to come!